Friday, December 20, 2013

Weekend #3


Greetings from Copper Mt, CO!  I'm currently at the US Freeskiing & Snowboarding Grand Prix where I'm working as Chief of the Slopestyle course.  Although my position doesn't always allow me to watch a lot of full runs I have witnessed some amazing skiing and riding and met a ton of Olympic hopefuls and the biggest names in the sport - Nick Goepper, Bobby Brown,  Tom Wallisch, Shaun White, Ty Walker, Jamie Anderson, Torstein Horgmo, and many more. Coverage of the event is scheduled to air on NBC this weekend and I believe all finals are live streaming online via the USSA  Snowboarding and Freeskiing websites.

From what I hear the weather report  isn't looking great this weekend so plan accordingly.  As an FYI, the USASA Deck the Rails Railjam is still on the schedule for Saturday however if travel advisories go into effect it will be cancelled. Please check the Usasa Adirondack Series Facebook page for updates before you head out.

With Christmas week coming up I wanted to remind everyone that we will have training on Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday as well as the weekend, but if you can, please try to let your coaches know what days you plan to attend.  It will help us with staffing.

Lastly, if you did not receive an e-mail regarding our volunteer opportunities please let me know. I will be updating "VolunterSpot" and adding more future dates this coming week so you can plan on helping out with our many Freeride events.

Thanks, happy holidays, and see everyone soon!

Mike K

No comments:

Post a Comment